Friday, September 23, 2011

I have a chevy 94 astro van and was running cold so i changed the thermostat and now it's overheating?

i put in two new thermostats from autozone and still overheating, before it would run cold old thermostat was stuck in the open position. any ideas?
I have a chevy 94 astro van and was running cold so i changed the thermostat and now it's overheating?
I'm thinking you are putting the thermostats in backwards. The end with the springs go in the engine.
I have a chevy 94 astro van and was running cold so i changed the thermostat and now it's overheating?
Aftermarket thermostats are really bad but new ones rarely produce actual overheating - they just fluctuate a lot. Make sure the working part, the end with the pellet at the end of the spring, is inside the engine. Before messing with it you may want to get a good thermostat from the dealer. I got disgusted with aftermarket thermostats about 1 years ago.
your new thermostat may be too hot of a thermostat or it may not be working. the new thermostat may have been intalled wrong. Or by a long shot your pump may have gone out
You probably have air in the system still. Do u have good heat coming out the vents?
Did U put in t'stat upside-down?

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a Chevy also. I was having too many problems that I couldn't figure out how to get fixed so I ended up selling it. I'm not very good with cars, though, so I bet someone else could have fixed it quite easily. Good luck with your car problems!
    Shelly Slader | http://www.palmchevy.com/PreOwnedVehicleSearch

    ReplyDelete